1. Traditional signifies that tunes must be in the Scottish idiom.
2. No-one will be permitted to compete more than once in any class, except for the own composition, playing a different composition.
3. Own Composition class 5 is open to competitors of any age. One copy of the tune to be submitted along with video. Electric Piano accompaniment will be permitted. For this class only a previous recording will be allowed providing the tune has been composed in the last 12 months.
4. Electric Piano accompaniment is permitted for all competitions.
5. The classification “Under 16” signifies under 16 years of age on the day of the competition. In sections where the classification is “Open” competitors of any age can enter.
6a. Class 2 - Under 16 waltzes - No more than 4 minutes duration. Electric Piano accompaniment will be permitted.
6b. Class 4 - Gaelic Waltzes – Open to competitors of all ages, and to both accordion and fiddle.
No more than 4 minutes duration. Electric Piano accompaniment will be permitted.
7. Class 3 - 6/8 Marches – Open to competitors of all ages, and to both accordion and fiddle. Two 6/8 Marches to be played. Electric Piano accompaniment will be permitted.
8. Entries must be submitted no later than 21:00 on 19th February 2022
Any entries received after this date will only be accepted at the discretion of the committee.
9. All videos submitted must be of the live performance (i.e., no editing or over-dubbing).
10. Video recording should be made specifically for the NAAFC Virtual Festival and must not be published or shared elsewhere online before the end of the Festival on 5th March 2022.
11. In all classes the video must show a clear view of the instrument without any obstructions (i.e.: Music stands etc.).
12. In classes where piano accompaniment is permitted you cannot accompany yourself, but the accompanists can accompany more than one entrant per class.
13. All competitors submitting an entry hereby agree to their video or photos taken from video footage being posted online for public viewing on YouTube and other platforms, if you would like your video removed following the competitions please contact us via the “Contact Us” page.
14. All competitors submitting an entry hereby agree to the sound from their video potentially being used by the BBC on a future Take The Floor programme. Anyone who wishes for their performance not to be broadcast by the BBC please let us know via the "Contact Us" page no later than 28th February 2022.
15 Any competitor who wishes their personal details not to be held by the NAAFC to let us know via the "Contact Us" page by 1st April 2022.
16. No more than 4 minutes duration for all Classes.
17. Each class is open to accordion and fiddle entrants, with piano/keyboard accompaniment permitted. The adjudication will be carried out by both adjudicators independently, with aggregated marks deciding the results.
18. In all classes, the adjudicator’s decision is final.